Enjoy the hustle & bustle of Blackpool then retreat to the peace & quiet at Eastham Hall Caravan Park
Every year many of our guests return to drive through the world-famous, Blackpool Illuminations. We are only 7 miles down the coast from Starr Gate where the lights start. So come on over to the west coast, park your caravan, trailer-tent or motorhome with us, enjoy some quality, local, fish and chips then marvel at the galaxy of light and colour that Blackpool has to offer. Book your pitch now to avoid disappointment.
The Every year there is a Switch On concert with a celebrity to Switch On the Illuminations. The Friday Switch on Ceremony and concert will be a ticket lottery but you can buy tickets for the Blackpool Illumuminations Festival Weekend.
Saturday night is set to be a West-End themed musical extravaganza. Sunday´s show features soulful singer Rebecca Ferguson with special guests Atomic Kitten, Liberty X, 911 and Damage. The first 5000 tickets purchased will get guaranteed wristbands to Friday´s FREE Switch-On concert! They are selling fast so book now!
- The Lights are expected to attract in excess of 3.5 million visitors to Blackpool.
- he Blackpool Illuminations will shine non-stop for 66 nights.
- The dazzling display stretches almost six miles from Starr Gate to Bispham.
- There are more than 100-miles of festoon strip strung between promenade poles and across the carriageway.
- Cable and wiring stretches more than 200 miles.
- There are an amazing one million lamps in various types and styles.
- The equipment weighs more than 711,000 kilograms which is equivalent to 350 Blackpool trams.
- Most of the display now operates on low voltage eg 12v and 24v.
- The lights are supported by more than 1,500 poles.
- .Electricity consumed totals 960,000 units, at an approximate cost of £50,000.
- The light start and finish at different times as the season progresses. Click here for Details of switch-on times 2014